Friday, October 23, 2015

Instagram Statistics of Sri Lanka

Everybody was so curious to know how many people exactly are using Instagram in Sri Lanka. But nobody had the correct statistics of this popular Social Media Network. Recently advertising on Instagram was rolled out globally and we could get the statistics through the advertisers platform of Facebook. So we thought to share this valuable information with you.

There are about 160,000 users on Instagram in Sri Lanka and according to these stats, Instagram is quite popular among 18-24 age category. Even on Facebook, this age category dominates the popularity. 

Gender wise, 70% from the overall Instagram users are males and the rest 30% is females. There is a gap of 3,000 users in this calculation probably due to some profiles have not mentioned their gender. 

Instagram app is available on iOS, Android and Windows Phone platforms. But we currently do not have the statistics of the users on Windows Phone platform. Below is the breakdown of users according to their devices. (There is a little overlap as a result of login in from multiple devices by the same user) 

Out of the total number of Instagram users in Sri Lanka, 75% is from Colombo and 8.8% is from Kandy. It seems that Instagram is not still popular among the rural youth. 

Source: Facebook for Business

No comments:

Post a Comment